Monday, June 2, 2014

Blog Assignment #3

"How Can you Provide Meaningful Feedback to Your Peers?


peer
When providing meaningful feedback to your peers, always remember to give compliments, suggestions, and make corrections to assist the person with their writing.  Always be specific, creative, and positive! Peer editing helps a writer with spelling, grammar, sentence construction,  and punctuation. These improvements make the writer aware of repetitive mistakes. This allows other readers to make positive suggestions on organization skills., such as, thesis, main ideas, and supporting sentences, finding the evidence to argue, a good conclusion.

I will look at positive and constructive criticism, a little different, as a tool. It's important to use an outline, before I write my sentences.  I like the part of using strong word choices. How can you apply constructive criticism to your paper?

2 comments:

  1. "...When a person receives criticism comments, it suppose to build character,…" it is supposed to, not suppose

    "Peer editing provides a writer to form better spelling mechanics, less frequent grammar errors, developing sentences, using correct punctuation marks." Awkward. Compare this rewritten sentence (which is grammatically correct) with your sentence. Peer editing helps a writer with spelling, grammar, sentence construction, and punctuation.

    "These improvements make the writer aware of repetitive mistakes. " Really? Improvements make a writer aware? What do you mean?

    "This allows other readers, to make positive suggestions on organization skills…" No comma after readers. On organization skills or just organization?

    "There were many specific details, which allowed me to self evaluate my personal handwriting." Handwriting? I did not realize that is what is involved here. No comma after details.

    " It gave me ideas to proofread, check grammatical errors, if any, and stay on topic." Gave you ideas or encouraged you? Maybe you meant something like this: It brought to my attention that I should proofread, correct any grammatical mistakes, and stay on topic. Compare what I have written with your sentence. Have you contacted Bailey? Also i want you to buy a copy of The Elements of Style by Strunk and White. Read it. If you follow the rules set forth in that book your writing should improve.

    "It's important to use an outline, before I build my sentences." Yes. And simplify what you write. Being fancy, or trying to be fancy, interferes with your writing. See how simple my sentences are compared with those you wrote.

    You also need to learn when and where to use commas!

    Send me an email when you have contacted Bailey. And another when you have bought the book. And another when you have read it.




    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made several attempts to the writing center. I schedule an appointment with Bailey and she didn't call back or show up. I'm using all the assistance I can in the computer lab.

    ReplyDelete