Sunday, June 15, 2014

C4Ta #2

Quick Collection of Bring Your Own Device BYOD (Resources)

Bring Your Own Device


June 12, 2014 author Steven Anderson wrote a blog on BYOD.  "BYOD" means bring your own device.  Students bring their device they are familiar with to school.  Teachers must be creative and think how this will impact their teaching.   Teachers ask important questions on how they will see and become an expert on all the devices at the same time.  It's great a idea for some students to have a personal device.  I find it a downside for the students who are nit as fortunate to come to school with their BYOD.   Edutopia and Livebinder have a resources teachers can see the good and bad adverse reactions this can impact their daily lessons.

I experienced my children BYOD to school.  Teachers allowed the students to use it during their down time after assessments, research and reading centers, science, and math periods.  Some teachers saw BYOD as a distraction to the classroom.  I find it difficult keeping up with 20-25 different BYOD at the same time. Students can drift away from explicit instruction and start playing games, if not monitored frequently.

3 Simple Rules for Attending Any Conference

June 20, 2014 by Steven Anderson

This blog gave me lots of insights on attending any conference to organize, plan,  reflect, engage, inquire past and future ideas in the classrooms.  Some tips I learned were to prepare, time, and gather prior knowledge on the conference. It's important to "put your thinking cap", to explore and think of ideas you want to know about a specific topic. Use Twitter to share and communicate learning with others.   This is a good start to blogging , if no one has ever done so.

1 comment:

  1. "I experienced my children BYOD to school." I experienced BYOD when it was put in place at my children's school.

    Overall, good job. You are continuing to improve.

    ReplyDelete