Sunday, June 15, 2014

C4TP #2

Blogging as a curation platform
By Silvia Tolisano

Teachers and students can their daily blogs to be curators.  A curator is a person who becomes familiar with the writers blog and edit it.
Curator Platform

A curator is an expert.  This person collects information, analyzes, connect, interprets, and summarizes the writers blog.   It was interesting learning a curator can be you.  The person who is actually writing.   Curators connect, engage and network with others to arrange and share ideas. There's do's and don't as  a curator.  Don't copy and paste other people content without giving them credit.  It's ok to use a quote.  Limit using links as a platform. Remember to organize, engage, and start a dialogue with your reader. I enjoyed reading this blog to draw the readers attention.  The reader is the audience to continue the conversation between the network tool.

As I reflect on blogging I  learned I can improve in collaborating my ideas with my community. I can create a blog without using twitter using as many comments as I like. I can share quality information with networks. I like I can customize my own network.

June 10, 2014

"Copyright Flowchart: Can I Use It? Yes? No? If This... Then..."

Copyright
This blog was very informative how educator's should model students digital citizenship. Since the digital era, it's the responsibility of the educator to decide if the information or graphic is under the Fair use. The flow chart  shows how an educator can create their own domain. Students and teachers can explore creating their own domain, search public and common domains, and determine if the site is credited under the Fair USE.  Students and teachers should  be conscious when selecting to use other material in teaching and school work.


No comments:

Post a Comment