Thursday, May 29, 2014

Blog Assignment #1

What About EDM310?


The thing I have heard about EDM310 is to complete all assignments, and you will be okay.   I heard to make sure I’m using Goggle Chrome. I have to take advantage of all the lab assistants’ help.  

My fear about EDM310 is not able to master a skill, using this new technology, in a fast pace.   My fear is to not be able to recognize the mechanics of publicizing all blogs, and getting the proper criticism, to be a better blogger.   My fear is not being late on an assignment or get behind even though I may reach out to all the supporting help.

When I compare EDM310 versus other courses I have taken in college, EDM310 requires assignments consistency, dedication, independent learning.  EDM310 requires numerous hours preparing in short time.   My other courses, I spent the same number allocated time and pacing.  When I studied my core subjects, the teacher gave bookwork to correspond with the lesson.  The teaching technique of teaching has gone completely project base learning. I experienced a lot of modeling, with peer sharing.   EDM310 and past subjects, share a lot of writing.  They both require proofreading and balancing.  All the subjects, I used a computer, but the operating systems have changed, which makes the projects or word documents elaborate. All my school life, I recall peer sharing and rubrics.   The rubrics are stricter now.  All  of the subjects have deadlines, but EDM310 is defined as a long-term job, and you can never walk away.  If you’re gone to long, you will be in a twilight zone.

The most difficult part for me, in EDM310 is transferring the lecture into my study time.   It takes me along time to understand what the information the teacher wants me to do.  It takes me to write, look, and see examples, before I can attempt to do an assignment, I have trouble, navigating between the screens and watching Dr. Strange, jump all over the examples or skills. The time I feel, I can do the lesson, I’m waiting for a moment, to try to do the skill on my own, before I can move forward.

I strongly feel, the best way to address my concern, is to consult with Coach Strange and see what methods I can take to stay ahead and functional to be the best at all the interesting technology aspects this class have to offer, in the modern world of technology.

I would like to do group or paired sharing to assist me with learning and retaining the skills, learned in class.  I would suggest an opportunity, to allow the student to test a skill, as we learn the foundations, before submitting an assignment for a grade, so suddenly.



Blog

2 comments:

  1. "... between eh screens and …" the, not eh

    Yes, consult Coach Strange.

    Devise your own tests of your skills. That's what athletes do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chellyiss,
    I am right where you are when it comes to your fears. Since this course is a summer course, it is taught in much less time than a normal fall/spring semester class. I am worried that cramming so much material into only 8 weeks will cause me to struggle with keeping up with assignments and their due dates. I wish you the best of luck with this course, and I would definitely ask for help when you need it. I have asked Dr. Lomax (assistant teacher) about several things already, and although he is also learning how the class works, he has been a great help with getting started. "May the odds be ever in your favor!"

    ReplyDelete