Friday, July 11, 2014

Blog#13 What Did I Leave Out?

Kindergarten -6 grade Virtual Field Trip Exploration.......

Virtual Field Trip

I will be a K-6 elementary teacher and I would love for my students to learn to create an avatar to use visual arts in their Blogs. I would like to experience taking a virtual field trip using a blog to another state or country. My students will get a live experience the locations population, climate, travel, and tourist attractions. These new experiences will connect and engage communication by adopting blogging buddies across the world. As a teacher, technologies is important to bring audio, images, video, and text to life. Students will be able to obtain a better understanding diversity and different society cultures rather than reading it in a book. I will choose 4 leaders and each one will draw a name out of a hat to randomly select a member to their group. The groups will consist of 4 people.

First, I will generate a list of places for a group to pick one place to connect and explore the environment. Second, I will allow students to write one sentence on their blog about what they've by taking a screen capture. Third, set up a Classblogmeister.  The students and I will monitor the comments and begin our personal networking safely on iCurio.  Finally the students will be assigned to a blogging buddy and build a rapport and start blogging once a week.  Once the term is over, the students can blog a video reflection and evaluate themselves with their blogging buddy.


Benefits:
  • New experiences with authentic learning
  • Real writing and audiences
  • Project base learning
  • Varied learning experiences
  • Flexible learning

Virtual Field Trip

2 comments:

  1. This is a great blog post assignment. Virtual field trip are a wonderful idea to use in any classroom.

    Very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey, I just feel a live interactive experience will last longer. Thanks

    ReplyDelete